Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008 - What a Unique Title

I am recovering from a 10 mile race last Saturday. I ran a 1:12 and am now paying the price with a slight injury. My right foot in the ankle area hurts when I walk. I did a run on the treadmill yesterday and my foot hurt for the first 1/2 mile until I finally warmed up. I did take some Ibuprofen and put ice on it last night. I decided not to run for the next couple of days to see if I can adequately recover. I have another 10 miler a week from Saturday. I was hoping to get a short fast run in on Saturday and a long run on Sunday.

I am kind of glad to take the time off. It has been cold! It was 15F this morning.

TTFN - TaTa For Now!

PS - the beard did come off last Sunday...made me look way too old!

2 comments:

slowtwitch said...

Hi,

I've been enjoying reading your blog. I'm based in Scotland and had an episode of A-Fib last September at mile 65 of an Ironman. This was my 1st episode. It was pretty scary. I actually stopped and went to the med tent. I had an ekg which showed nothing. I've had a few minor episodes since. Lasting no more than a few seconds. How are you coping with it ?

Thanks

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.