Wednesday, November 21, 2007

2 more weeks

Here I am at the beach, relaxing and waiting for T-day. All of my hard marathon training is done. Now I am at the sharpening stage as I begin my taper for the marathon on 12/8. I think I am ready.

My heart condition has been fine. Just a little tweak every now and then. I am still recovering from my last 20 miler this past Sunday. I am just ready to get the darn thing over with so I can not be in a training phase for a while.

However, my plan is to run the Mercedes 1/2 marathon (too hilly to undertake the full marathon). I really want to get this first marathon under my belt so I can decide if it is worth doing more. The training plan I have been using seems to work...of course, I have not run the race. I would like to do this type of training and run a few races. However, being an engineer and somewhat anal retentive, I am sticking to the plans and it does not call for any races in the preparatory phase.

Did I mention I was at the beach? Trying to take some time from work to just chill out and do some reading and play with the kids. I recently decided to move to the inactive reserves so that means no more drill weekends. It also means no more drill pay! However, I am ready to put the military in the rear view mirror and do other things. Next week I will be out of town. Then back in town the following week prior to the big race.

So now I must begin my taper and think about writing more in my blog. I did have a good lead for a post recently, but I cannot remember the subject matter now. That is what happens when you wait too long to post a thought on this thing.

Journaling has never been a strong suit with me...and it does not seem to improve any time soon. SLB (seeya later bye).

1 comment:

Jim said...

THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU AND CHIP RUNNING IN THE 'HOOD, YOU LOOKED AWFULLY STRONG. THE MAIN THING TO REMEMBER IS TO STICK TO YOUR PLAN . . . DON'T LET YOUR EXCITEMENT RUIN YOUR RACE. YOU'LL BE FEELING SO STRONG THAT YOU WILL ZOOM THROUGH THE FIRST 10 MILES AT A PACE MUCH FASTER THAN YOU WANTED . . . A KILLER FOR SURE. I MIGHT TRIP UP TO HUNTSVILLE TO CATCH YOU GUYS DURING THE RACE.