Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who Runs Anymore?

Had to take a quick run to Oklahoma to visit my ailing mother. Ran twice. Headed to Las Vegas afterward for a conference. Did not run for a week. Finally got home after nearly 10 days on the road. Ran once since then. It is hard to get motivated when you don't train for a race. I have a hard time hitting the road "just to stay in shape".

I am now sitting here on the bed on a Wednesday night typing in my blog (which I have ignored for quite sometime). I have a funky sock (Strassburg) on my left leg because of an ongoing battle with plantar fascitis. So now I don't sleep very well, but at least my arch does not hurt in the morning. I hope this $35 sock will heal my aching arch.

Not much going on. Work and stuff. In fact, I don't even feel like typing in my blog cause I took my contacts out and have to hold the laptop fairly close so I can see the words. Funny thing is that when I have my contacts in, I have to wear reading glasses to do the same thing.

The market is down. Elections are around the corner. We are still stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan. North Korea is restarting their nuke plant. Iran calls for the demise of the american power. Lindsay Lohan is dating a girl. Clay Akin is gay. The world is really going to hell in a hand basket.

So what am I going to do? I think I will go to bed. Ta ta for now.

No comments: