Sunday, September 07, 2008

Welcome September

Another month has come and gone. Wow...what a month. Some 'lympics, demo"rat" and re"pubic"an conventions, football, school, etc.

The weather has been quite nice for the past month. Hurricane Gustav left us quite a bit of rain and some cooler than usual weather. Hurricane Hanna had no impact on the 'ham. Now Ike is bearing down on the gulf.

I have been running and lifting weights. I have also gained a few pounds...not sure if the lifting is adding to the mass or I am merely eating more than I am expending.

Okie state is 2-0 with a couple of good offensive games. I was considering flying to Oklahoma to catch a game, but I just don't know if I will have time.

I am still on my flecanaide and have not had any incident of flutter. Still not sure if I like it...I just have not felt quite right since I started taking the medicine.

My running is going ok although I miss the competitive training and races. I ran 6 miles on the 5K loop around the 'hood. My first lap was good, my second one sucked. I actually walked up the hill. I don't think I can stand to try and race a course that is very hilly because I cannot recover very well with a lower than usual heart rate.

There is supposed to be a criterium this weekend (Google Pepper Place Crit). I am supposed to work the registration all day Saturday and then fly to Las Vegas on Sunday. Long weekend ahead.

I did have some stuff I wanted to blog about (Palin, actors, stocks, trucks, etc.). I will do that some other time when I really feel like cutting loose. Now I will watch a little more football and head to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should take some time off to go to a game. I think I might be able to beat you in a race now! And, to finish off my string of three random sentences, you forgot to say that the gas prices are rising again because of the hurricanes. Hope you have a safe flight back from Oklahoma.