Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving holiday has come and (almost) gone. Sometimes I feel like I just trod through the holidays and don't really feel thankful or appreciate the time with family and friends. Oftentimes I am happy just to have some time off and not work (or worry...too much...about work).

We just got back from the beach where we have been spending the t-day holiday with friends every year for the past 4-5 years. I like going to the beach, I just wish I did not have to drive there and back, pack and unpack, go out to eat, etc. Sometimes it feels like it is more work to go on vacation than it is to unwind at home. Plus it gets expensive renting a condo and eating out.

I did manage to get in a couple of runs. I really need to get after my 1/2 marathon training program. I ran 55 minutes on Saturday. I did 25 minutes out with the intent of running 25 minutes back. The mistake I made was that my out leg was WITH the wind and my return leg was AGAINST the wind. I started to suffer on the way back and actually walked about 30 secs just to slowdown. I will continue my running and see how the training goes while on my heart meds (sodium channel blocker). I would also like to get back out on the mountain biking trails and do a little riding. Nothing hard core though.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and remember our troops.

No comments: