Thursday, May 31, 2007

I am gaining....weight!

So it has been a few days after my Dallas trip. I did walk on Sunday with my wife (3.6 miles), run on Monday (7.2), run on Tuesday (2.5), and run on Wednesday (~3.5). My legs were very heavy on Tues and Wed due to inconsistency. I hope to run again this evening after work. Of course, I am on another trip. Atlanta yesterday and Wash DC today and tomorrow. I am trying hard to keep running and minimize eating. Both are very hard to do.

I noted a few days ago that I have gained weight. A few pounds sure makes a difference when running. I don't have a defined plan right now for running a late year marathon. But I plan on mapping one out soon which will help keep me focused.

Regarding my flutter. I have had very few episodes over the last week and a half. Just a few short blips. However, a little too much wine on Saturday resulted in a case of flutter that evening and during the night. So I cannot go a drink too much alcohol otherwise I will flutter. I had a couple of beers last night with dinner and had a short burst of flutter. Then it went away.

I quit taking the blood thinner medicine because I feel it is more risky to be on it with minimal flutter. If I start having more sustained episodes, I will resume the medication. I will start my aspirin once a day when I return home tomorrow.

Not sure what to do about seeing another cardio. Once I get a little down time from traveling, I will try and see another one just to follow up.

No comments: