Friday, May 18, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Been on the road...traveling with work and working too much. Things are going ok. Still have occasional flutter. Nothing too sustained, but it is still there. A couple of weeks ago, I was on a three day trip and drank a beer or glass of wine each night. Each day afterward I had stop and go flutter. I have not had another alcoholic beverage since then.

Traveled to Texas for a meeting, went to see mi madre for Mother's Day.

I have been running a little more. Trying to get in a few miles each day (4-5 days per week). I did do a Ride of Silence this past Wednesday. It was only 8 miles at 12 mph. My butt did ache slightly along with my arms...out of the saddle way too long.

My goal is to start training for a marathon and run one in early winter, Nov-Dec timeframe. Hopefully this heart issue will allow me to train for it.

I am also going to see another cardiologist. I am not really satisfied with the one I have.

I have a busy summer ahead. Lots of travel for work and a vacation or two in the mix.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Too bad you're still having the flutter problem :(

There is nothing worse than "detraining". I went for my first ride last week-a 26 miler at 16 mph and thought I was going to die the next morning.

Sounds like the 'hood is the walking wounded right now.

BTW . . . Happy Birthday!