Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On the Road Again...no really

I sit here in lovely Dallas, TX for another stinkin' meeting. I did manage to get some things done this past weekend. First, I attended a men's retreat with my church group. Had a great time. Sunday I had Navy reserves. Not such a great time. I had to do the semi-annual PRT (run 1.5 miles, pushups and situps). Monday was work and a 6 mile run. Fortunately, my neighbor Jim ran with me and kept me at a reasonable pace.

Oh, I turned 45 on Saturday and my wife and kids threw me a nice little b'day party. Thanks to them for making it special!

I have been doing pretty good on the fluttering. Really have not had a serious episode of sorts since at least last Thursday. There were several moments over the past few days where I thought I was going to start a flutterin'. But nothing really happened. Now I did have a short bout right after dinner tonight. But it was short <15 min and I am not fluttering as I type. Still seriously contemplating going to another cardio doc.

While I don't have a game plan other than get out and run. I am sorta planning to try a marathon in late fall. I will have to see how this flutter business plays out and my traveling. I will be on the road quite a bit over the summer so I need to watch my intake and be disciplined in my exercise. I did note that over the past 3-4 weeks I have put on about 8 pounds. Whoa! Now I need to get control of my intake or really up my exercise which has been somewhat less than desired.

Keep me honest folks...I need your help!

No comments: