Saturday, March 22, 2008

Beautiful Day

Today was a great day to be off and outside. I got up early this morning to assist with my church's 5K race. We had a great turnout of about 350 runners and walkers. Yours truly came in 4th overall with a time of 19:35ish (haven't found my official time online yet). After the race, I headed to Barber's motor speedway to help with a criterium (Live to Ride). We had nearly 300 cyclists racing around the speedway (not all at once of course). The entire day was sunny and warm. Really a beautiful pre-Easter day.

My flutter has been in remission for the past few days. I have been working hard to remain fully hydrated and I think the prior couple of weeks was stressful due to some issues at work that have since been resolved. I have an appointment with cardio doc on Tuesday and I am thinking of canceling. I will see how things go over the next couple of days.

Anyway, I am here watching some crappy made-for-TV movie on SciFi and I am tired. So I think I will wrap this up and head to the rack. I am not planning on getting up for the sunrise service and will go to the regular 0830 instead. Then I have to head to the airport to pick up the family as they return from Ft. Lauderdale. Someone had to stay at home and work and take care of the dog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dom:

Any idea where I can find results from that criterium at the speedway?

e-mail me at sweide (at) cox.net

Thanks!