Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Beautiful Day...Fluttered Away

Today was a great spring day. Due to the time change, my kids and I did not make it to church. However, my wife did!

We pretty much stayed around the house and go things done. Yesterday, we went to my son's track meet and it was miserably cold and windy. Today, the sun was out and it was warm.

Now the down side. My flutter was in and out most of the afternoon. I was planning to run a 5K at 2 PM and it seemed that I was going in and out of the flutter quite regularly. I don't know if was thinking about the run that was triggering the episode or the fact that I had been outside working in the yard (spraying poe anna (?) and other weeds as well as trimming the crape myrtles). I ran the race at 2 PM and felt pretty good. I could not tell if I was fluttering during the race or not. I did finish 3rd (sometimes just showing up can yield good results) and my time was 21:34. We ran on a local cross country trail that is a bit hilly especially the 3rd mile. After I was done, I fluttered off and on until later in the day when it finally went away.

Sometimes I think I should quit running/exercising to see if this stuff will ever stop. I am not drinking any alcohol or caffeine, taking blood thinner, etc. Body...HEAL THYSELF! Not sure it worked.

Well the day is drawing to a close and with the time change, it will be long day tomorrow. I have a hard time with the spring change. You would not think that an hour is that big a deal. It is...just ask my kids who I will have to drag out of bed in the morning. TTL!

No comments: