Friday, March 30, 2007

Event #3

Well it did not last long. After taking the afternoon off from work to mow the lawn then head over to my kids' track meet, I started fluttering. It was not a persistent flutter, but would come and go. I was helping with the long jump and sometimes it would kick in as I bent over to measure a jump and then stop when I sat down. As a race started, especially if one of my kids was running, the adrenaline would flow and so would the flutter.

Run down of events. Ate PB and honey for lunch with glass of water and small glass of OJ. Mowed lawn, edged lawn, and blew off the driveway. Took shower, at bowl of ramen noodles and then relaxed for 30 or so minutes. At about 1500, I felt like I was coming down with a fever and had to head to the meet. Got in my warm car and drove with the windows up to the meet.

Fluttered all during the meet starting about 1600. Came home at about 2015 and had pizza. I stopped fluttering, but then it kicked back in once I started writing this missive. It still comes and goes with no sustained flutter. Overall, I am still not feeling 100%, more like 80%.

Frankly, this fluttering business bites the big one.

Some good news. Both kids set personal records in their respective events. My son ran the 1600m and 800m, setting new PRs by several seconds in each event. My daughter ran the 800m and did the same.

Tomorrow I will update the blog with my post-flutter report.

No comments: