Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Hint of Fall Weather

Ran this morning with Chip and we did a 7 mile pace run. I actually felt pretty good once we got into the groove. It was in the mid-60's and fairly humid after the Friday's rain. Tomorrow instead of doing the prescribed 10 miler, we are going to run 15 miles and do the shorter run next weekend which will fit with both of our schedules. I did all my runs this week, swapping the Tuesday and Thursday runs. I did the 5X800 repeats on Thursday in an average of 3:05. I actually felt pretty good.

On an utterly different subject, I watched my alma mater (Oklahoma State University) get hammered by Troy University, 41-23 (with 13 gratuity points scored at the end of the game). There is an absolute lack of defense which will be thoroughly exploited when they play Texas and Oklahoma. Further, at one time they were considered to have a dynamic offense. However, I have not yet seen much offense in the two games I have seen this season.

Boone Pickens donated a record $165M in cold, hard cash that was to be distributed to the athletic department and geology school. Evidently they recruit rocks in both areas cause I did not see much in the way of football players last night. Goes to show you, even a rich guy can't buy a win for a team like OSU.

I think for their future schedules they need to play some directional schools because this season I don't they will be much better than one. Coach Gundy, please don't come back to Alabama and embarrass the OSU alum in the land of Alabama University, Auburn University and, evidently, Troy University!

OK...I am done ranting. My kids ran XC meets this weekend. Alex did much better and ran a 22:06 for the 5K and Tori ran 17:31 for the 2-mile. The weather this morning was absolutely wonderful especially compared to last week. Everyone runs better when the temperatures get cooler. Overall, both of their teams did much better and they are looking forward to posting better times over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure wish you would update your blog!!! Today is already Oct 1.