Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Whooeee

It has been a while since my last post...no surprise!

I have been keeping with my running. Ran 7 straight days last week and took off (sorta) on Saturday. I ran my Saturday run on Friday (7 miles easy) because on Saturday my kids ran a XC meet in Moulton (the heat really affected their races especially my son who did not run until 1030) and then I came home and helped with a local criterium downtown (here are some photos). I got home at 2300 (11:00 PM) and then rolled out of the rack for a 0600 start on a 14 mile run with Chip. We managed an easy pace until about mile 10 and then cranked it up a notch. This run was followed by church and then a short nap ;-)

Monday I managed a 3 mile run on the treadmill at work (I did kick in a 6:30 pace for about 1/2 mile late in the run) followed by stretching and some weights for my legs. I was a bit sore on Tuesday, but I had a great 35 minute tempo run in the heat. I really pushed the run because it felt good to be out. Besides, I had to travel to Augusta this afternoon so I wanted to get my run done at lunch.

So far the training is going well. The long runs are starting to hurt some, but my recovery is pretty good by Tuesday. Chip and I had talked about skipping the easy Monday run, but I found that the treadmill run is not bad (first 1/2 mile my knees are crying) and I think the weights will help strengthen my joints.

Thursday I have 5X800 on the track...now that will hurt! This weekend is a 7 mile pace run on Saturday followed by a 10 mile run on Sunday...piece of cake! However, those pace runs and long runs are really starting to be a challenge. I just can't wait for the 10 mile pace run followed by a 20 mile easy run the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the training! The XC did 4x800 plus a mile run yesterday so no complaining. :-)

-Lawn Boy