Tuesday, February 19, 2008

San Diego...

I spent a couple of days in San Diego. I got up early Friday morning for a run around Coronado island and it was absolutely fabulous. I ran about 12 miles, did not feel to well (legs were a bit tired), but I recovered pretty well. I drank a lot of fluids afterward because I had to go to work. I had a slight case of flutter, but I think the rapid refilling of fluids helped mitigate the flutter and it finally went away.

That Friday in San Diego was probably one of the pretty days I have ever experienced there. It was sunny all day with nary a cloud in the sky. The temperature was cool in the morning and moderate the remainder of the day.

Got in a little work, saw my cousins Friday night, and then headed home Saturday. I took my wife and daughter to eat at Shogun's since we missed Valentine's day together (which we never do anything on anyway).

I have run since my return (10.5 on Sunday and 5.5 today) and did not have any flutter. I had a couple of drinks during my stay in San Diego and none since I returned. Seems the alcohol is a MAJOR factor in my flutter. So little or no drinking and a good diet seem to do the trick.

Heading to DC tomorrow and return late Thursday. Traveling very light so no running on Thursday. I am officiating a track meet on Saturday (my first).

Well ready for the rack cause I did run hard today and got up early for a bible study at church. Just plain tired.

No comments: