Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Work, Run and Cardiologist

I went to work today and worked. Illuminating, huh?

I also ran today at lunch. I did an easy 45 minutes (5.54386 miles...approximately). No flutter during the run and I have not had any flutter up to the time that I am writing this blog entry.

Went to the cardio doc. Based on my recent improvement after cutting out the alcohol (even with the set back on Sunday's 1/2 marathon), he agreed that there was no reason to go on drugs (yeah). We had a pretty good conversation regarding running and my flutter (I may have mentioned in the past that he is a runner and has run 4 marathons). The doc said that I may have a sensitivity to alcohol (and caffeine). He advised staying off the alcohol, staying with the 500mg (twice daily) of magnesium, keep running and come back in 3 months. He stated that the longer I remain in normal rythym, the less likely that I will have these episodes. So I will stay on the blood thinner, drink a beer on a rare occasion, keep exercising and see the doc in 3 months.

It is aggravating to have this problem with no underlying reason for it. But life goes on and I will do what I need to do to get through this.

My co-worker appears to be recovering quite well. He is awake and has good color. It will be likely that he will be moved to regular room soon. Thank God for His healing power.

Time to start prepping for another race...thinking about the Music City 1/2 marathon (I cannot get excited about a marathon right now due to Sunday's performance).

No comments: