Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Blah Blogging and Running

OK, it has been over a week since I did blogging...I think I have been running so now I must try to recall what I did last week.

Tuesday - no run...cannot remember why.
Wednesday - 3.1 miles I think.
Thursday - 4.5 miles I think.
Friday - no run
Saturday - the worst run of my life and I have not run since!

Got up early to get ready to take my son to a XC meet. Very sore throat. Spent four hours on my feet and the day was cool at first, but quickly warmed up. I did not drink a thing all morning long (ah oh #1). Stopped to get a burger at Sonic and then my heart rate starts acting up...kinda racing (ah oh #2). Went home and helped same son mow lawn (I edged and he mowed), but my heart rate was still FUBAR and I still was not drinking a thing (ah oh #3). Upon completion of that activity, I decided to go for a run on a very hilly course that goes through our sub division (ah oh #4). HR is still high and when I start running (foolishly thinking it would drop), my HR ran way higher than what I expected for my given pace (ah oh #5). I think you can see where this is all going (downhill). It took me well over an hour to complete a 6.5 mile run. Yeah it has some serious hills in it, but it got to the point on the last couple of hills that I walked them. I did take a water bottle with me...I hate running with a sloshing water bottle.

Finally got home, HR is still FUBAR and I shower then drink fluids the rest of the evening without peeing a single time...someone was seriously dehydrated and ignored the signs. My HR finally returned to normal later in the evening once I had enough fluids in my system. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Today is Wednesday and I have not been running because I have been sick...upper respiratory crud. I took at flu mist vaccine about 10 days ago and I think that is what led to the sickness...nothing like a live virus introduced up your freakin' nose. I had to drive 5 hours to job location on Sunday feeling lousy. Worked part of Monday feeling lousy. Worked very little on Tuesday feeling lousy and decided to head home and see the doc. Got a couple of shots and some antibiotics. I still argue that the flu mist is the root cause of my illness and I do not recommend it for any one else. Nothing like getting sick intentionally.

So I am here about to download a couple of months worth of exercises, so to say I am behind the 8-ball is an understatement. Hence the reason for the blog and then I still fail to update at the end of last week.

Like I tell my kids...what a doof!

No comments: