Thursday, October 26, 2006

Picking Up the Pace

I really hate this blog format in trying to simply write something everyday (which I have not been very good at anyway). Yesterday I could not get into the system to do a little writing.

Latest events:

10/24 Tuesday - Ran about 6-7 miles (about an hour) at a good pace during lunch. I then ran 3.6 miles (30 minutes) that evening. Felt pretty good especially the second run in the evening.

10/25 Wednesday - Ran about an hour (7.2 miles) at home in the evening due other events during lunch. Felt really good running 10:10 pace for each 1.2 mile lap. My heart rate stayed lower than usual and I was running quite smooth. One of those nice evenings to run with an overcast sky and slight sprinkle the entire run.

10/26 Thursday - I ran about an hour (maybe 7 miles)...the run from hell. I started out with sore legs and they pretty much stayed that way the entire run. I did not feel smooth or fast. In fact, I felt like I was really slogging through the run. It was a good day to run, overcast and slight sprinkle. I guess my previous evening run was a tad to hard and I just did not take the time to recover. I have to be careful or I will end up injured and it is way to early to push hard.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I plan on doing a moderate run on the treadmill. I usually do some windsprints on Friday, but I think I will skip them until later in the weekend. Need to have a good run tomorrow so I can knock out a long run on Saturday.

No comments: