Monday, October 23, 2006

Still Running

Where did I leave off? It is difficult to only blog occasionally and then try to remember what I ran. Anyway, here goes:

10/18 Wednesday - I think I ran 6.5 miles about an hour.

10/19 Thursday - I ran about 5 miles (40 minutes) on the treadmill. It sure helped with recovery since my legs felt better afterward.

10/20 Friday - I ran 6 miles with 3 sets of 3x100 yard sprints about every couple of miles.

10/21 Saturday - ran 7.2 miles while listening to Alabama get beat by Tennessee. I ran with my neighbor Jim and we ran a fairly easy pace. Legs were tired after running for so many straight days.

10/22 Sunday - Did a physical readiness test today (Navy Reserves). 76 situps, 60 pushups (not enough practice), and ran a 9:20 1.5 mile (little slow after running 7 miles the previous day). Followed up the run with an easy 3 mile run. My best time was last spring when I ran an 8:50. I have a hard time ramping up to a fast pace for this short of run. I reckon if I practiced, I could do better. But I don't run anything less than 5K in "normal" races. Who cares about a physical readiness test? I enjoy being a 44-year old man that is outrunning all the other folks. There is one full-time Navy sailor that can beat me. Unfortunately, he does not practice and therefore does not realize his real potential. It is ashame to have talent and hide it under a bushel. I am trying to convince him to train for an upcoming 1/2 marathon.

10/23 Monday - day off finally. Got to get down to "bidness" tomorrow.

No comments: