Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just Another Wednesday

Man, what a scorcher of a week. I did not run Sunday because it was so stinkin' hot. I did run Monday afternoon (5:30ish) and it was still 95F. Oowwee. I did not run yesterday because I got home as the afternoon thunder bumpers started to light up the sky.

I did manage to get out at lunch today. While not quite as hot (86F), it was very humid and when the sun came out from behind the clouds the temp would spike up a few degrees.

The flutters still seem to be in remission. I have had a few instances over the past couple of days that it felt like I was going to have an episode and nothing happened. Maybe this dosage of Flecainide is doing the trick. I still feel a little groggy and lightheaded especially the few hours after I take the pill in the morning. So while I feel better and the running has improved since being off the beta blocker, I still have some side effects (either that or my general disposition has started to turn sour).

I also bought a running journal since my heart rate monitor software (Polar) won't work with the Mac (even using Windows). I cannot get my IR reader to read the watch. Apparently, there is an issue with the USB IR reader and the Mac's USB port. The port does see the reader; however, nothing happens. So I went to the written version which I think I will like better since I really have never used the HR watch and software to their full potential. Using the KISS principle.

Anyway, on to the next exciting events - reading and bed.

No comments: