Monday, July 14, 2008

Yea Baby!!!

I had to go to my regular doc today for a chapped ass (no kidding...and that is all I will say about that). Anyway, he has been going through some heart issues similar to mine and we chatted for a few minutes after my "exam." I told him what I was on and he suggested contacting my cardio doc and getting off the beta blocker. So I called the cardio doc (he is probably tired of hearing from me) and told him that I still have adverse reactions to the beta blocker - namely, dizziness, unclear thinking, low resting heart rate (low 30's), and general lethargy. So now I am off the Nadolol and on just the Flecainide.

So I am hoping to get out this drug-induced funk as the Nadolol wears off over the next couple of days. I am excited about being able to run with a normal heart rate.

My wife and I are in Asheville, NC while the kids are at a running camp. I am looking forward to spending some time with her and seeing this lovely place. We took the Miata. I hope we don't buy anything because we don't have any room. Hopefully it will be cheaper that way. We hope to see Biltmore ($47 stinking bucks per person...oooweee), Chimney Rock and Mt Mitchell. Then we will head over to Cherokee and watch this play Thursday evening. Then on the way home we will drive the Cherohala Skyway which I have ridden on my bicycle several times (Cherohala Challenge).

I hope to get some running and hiking in this week and I hope that things will return to normal as the Nadolol wears off.

No comments: