Friday, July 04, 2008

THE low DOWN

Ran this fine 4th of July morn. I ran a very easy pace and my heart rate barely broke 100 bpm. I ran 3.6 miles and I am drained! It is a weird feeling to run so easy and be so fatigued. My resting heart rate this morning was 37 bpm. Waaay low. I am usually in the mid 40's. It seems like my heart rate profile is 30-40 bpm lower than normal on the high end. I am not happy with this condition because I cannot really even run or exercise.

When I was done and showered, I checked my heart rate and blood pressure. Heart rate was 37 bpm and blood pressure was 117/77. My legs are tired and I did not run far. With my heart rate being so low, I guess the transport of oxygen to the muscles is so low that my muscles cannot recover as quickly. So an easy 3-5 mile run feels like 10-15 because the of low recovery factor. Blahhhh.

My next post will cover what the doc told me on Monday.

No comments: