Monday, November 20, 2006

Chilly Monday Night

I managed to run about 11 miles in about 1.5 hours. While I felt like I was running slow and my legs felt like lead, my heart rate stayed under 140 bpm for most of the run. It was a struggle to finish the last couple of laps cause I was just plain tired...I don't recover as quickly as I used to. What is interesting is that my HR stayed low even though my lap times (for 1.2 miles) was around 10:15.

I was planning on running hills tonight, but my legs were still recovering from a weekend of running plus it was windy and chilly ~45 degrees (mid-Alabama mind you). So I changed plans and ran 4 laps in about 40 minutes (10:05 per lap) and my HR still remained low. It seems like my engine is running more efficiently after my race this weekend; however, I need to get the rest of my body to catch up. All part of the training process and trying to understand the physiology of the human body.

I will run the hill workout tomorrow especially since I will be on vacation. So I can run mid-day when it is a little warmer. I must also continue to reduce my food intake and trim down a wee bit further...nothing radical mind you!

1 comment:

Jim said...

I hope you don't get too spoiled to running mid-day . . . it will make those normal after dark chilly runs tougher. It sounds like your training is coming together even if you are feeling tired. Are you ready for 1:15 half-marathon.