Saturday, November 18, 2006

Race Today

Traveled the end of the week and tried to recover from my first hill workout and following day's post run strides. My glutes were sore on Wednesday and Thursday. I had to travel to Charleston, SC on Thursday and was very stiff after arriving at my hotel. I did manage to run for about 30 minutes around some small mall area...boring I know, but the weather was nice (sunny and warm) unlike the weather I left in Bham (cold and drizzly). I sat in a hot tub for about 10 minutes after I cooled down.

I did not run Friday because I worked all day, flew home and met the family out to eat late.

Got up and ran a 5K today. I ran a 21:09, but I thought my time would be better. However, my legs were stiff when I woke up and I was still recovering from the past week's workouts. My heart rate actually got up to 174 on the last mile which was higher than the HR I had during my 5Ks last year. Not sure what to make of this. I have not done any tempo runs and I am just starting my hill work so I have some ways to go. One of the frustrating things today is that my age group was 36-49 and I got second place. However, I beat the winner of the younger age groups down to the collegiate CC runners who smoked us all. I actually recovered from the race pretty well. I came home and mowed the lawn to get rid of all the leaves that accumulated since last weekend when I did the same thing.

Watched a couple of football games, OSU vs Michigan and Auburn vs Alabama. Both good games. My alma mater got beat by Texas Tech. However the Cowboys have 6 wins and may go to a bowl. I have not seen a live Ok State football game since college. Maybe some day. My daughter has turned into a real Cowboy fan for some reason. Although, she will never attend school there (too far from Mama).

Got to go rest and do a long run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Congrats on the second place finish. Maybe we should change your nickname to "Animal" and change Marc's to the "invisible man" since I have not seen him in a month!

I'm doing Montclair run Thursday morning. See you there?