Thursday, November 02, 2006

Catching Up...

10/29 Sunday - Sore knees from Saturday's run. I was aching around the knee area on both knees. It may be an overuse / old age injury. So today I ran 3.6 miles at a very easy pace. Legs felt fine afterward, but my knees were still a little sore. Not as bad as Saturday when going up and down the stairs was a chore.

10/30 Monday - I was catching a flight that morning and had grand plans to get up and run. But I did not do squat.

10/31 Tuesday - Halloweenie. Returned from my trip earlier in the day, went to work, and then came home to run. I ran 7 - 1.2 mile laps. My legs felt great!!! I ramped up the speed on my first lap and cranked out 6 9-minute laps. My average pace was a 7:30 pace. My heart rate was moderate, but slowly moved into the anaerobic area. But I have run ZERO tempo runs or speedwork. Now if I can minimize the chance of injury, things will be looking up.

Had a nice cold beer right after the run...mmmmm, good!

11/1 Wednesday - ran about 4.5 miles at work at an easy pace. I was running on the grassy area to help my legs recover from running on the road too much. Overall, I felt ok.

11/2 Thursday - ran 6 miles at work using the hilly route (4.5 mile loop) and then added another 1.5 miles. Ran at the higher end of the aerobic band, legs felt pretty good. My legs are tired now as I write with a little bit of shin splints and slightly sore knees. Well after another exciting day, I am ready for the rack.

I have been having trouble blogging because it has been hard on occasion to get on this website. Not sure what the problem may be...but I don't believe it is me!

No comments: