Monday, November 27, 2006

Post TDay

Well I could write about all the running I did over Thanksgiving, but I won't because I did not run much over the holidays...sort of!

Wed - Ran a little over an hour...about 8 miles along a country road in east Tennessee. While the weather was great, the road was narrow and fairly well traveled with vehicles running at 50-60 mph. PLUS, the damn dogs. I actually had to cross the road and run with traffic for a few hundred yards because of this hugemongous dawg. It did not run across the road and I passed by safely (as far as the dog is concerned).

Thur and Fri - Eat, drink and remembered why I am thankful for everything I have...family, job, health, friends. We spent the holiday with some old friends that we usually meet at the beach. However, they could not get down there this year so we went to see them instead.

Sat - Ran about 9 miles in 1:05. Ran some fast miles and some slow miles. My right calf was tight for nearly half the run until I stopped and walked a little bit to get a drink of water. Must of been tight from laying around on my asterisk and eating/drinking too much!

Sun - I am the MAN! Back home, ran 5 laps (1.2 miles) at 9:10 pace and then another 5 laps at 10:10 pace for a total of 12 miles. I was tarred after that episode of running madness.

Mon - I hurt, my knees hurt, my shins hurt...I am a mouse...where is my cheese? Got out and ran with my buddy Jim for about 4 miles...nice and slow. Stretched afterwards and feel much better. I hope to get a good night's sleep since I slept pitifully last night. Thanks for the run Jim and I certainly enjoyed this one!

Well this holiday is in the history books. Still too many folks dying in Iraq. Too many folks eating too much and overweight. OSU lost to OU...again (but still going to a bowl). Shula got fired. A work acquaintance lost a son. Some kids from my wife's school lost a father. Life goes on and we must still be thankful even under less than ideal conditions. We are all going to lose people we love. This world will always be filled with people that can only hate. We are going to exit this life in some form or fashion. But life goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job at updating your posts...

The Lawn Boy