Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day Off - Pre Tday Vacation

I have been dreading this day because it was gonna hurt.

I ran a moderate warmup lap then began my hill workout. This workout entailed running uphill about 250 yds, jogging about 350 yds, followed by a 200 yd stride with a 20 yd sprint at the end and then an easy jog back down the hill.

There is a long hill at the entrance to our subdivision. Our subdivision has about a 1/2 mile loop near the entrance and then a straight road to a cul-de-sac at the end (about 7/10 mile) for a grand total of 1.2 miles.

Today's workout, I used the hill and then ran the 1/2 mile loop to recover and do the strides/sprints.

I went back to last year and looked at my mileage. I am ahead in miles overall, but I am not exactly racking up big miles. I would like to get up to about 60 miles a week, but I am not sure my body can take it. So how do I improve my 1/2 marathon time without additional miles? I am not sure I can cause I just ain't getting faster sitting around on my arse.

Off for vacation and being thankful for no heart problems, good health and great family!

No comments: