Thursday, May 29, 2008

More on the Flutter

Reader "Dan" asked how I felt when I had flutter. One of the things I feel during flutter is a heavy beating in the heart area...mainly the center of my chest. Sometimes I get a real big thump in m chest area kind of like my heart is resetting (yeah...doesn't make, but I don't know how else to describe it). I don't have any other symptoms. He also asked if it affected any of my ventricles and I am not sure how I can tell (I have had a stress test and chest scan with no noted abnormalities). I don't always check my heart rate when I flutter except that if I wear my heart rate monitor (the running kind), it will show a rate well over 200 BPM (and my max HR is around 180). The only other symptom is that if I have flutter for an extended period (several hours), that my chest will be sore and I am worn out the next day.

I don't know what else to say about the subject.

BTW...I did not run today due to working through lunch and late. So I will give it go tomorrow.

No comments: