Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sunday/Monday Workouts

Sunday's workout was one of my least favorites, mainly because I am not into maximum lifts. But I did it anyway and am slightly surprised by the results.

"CrossFit Total"
Back squat, 1 rep - 210#
Shoulder Press, 1 rep - 90# (by far my weakest event)
Deadlift, 1 rep - 225#

I did not go all out on this lifts because I am new to the process and not confident in my technique. I did the squat on a smith machine in case I was unable to make the lift. I will keep working on it!

Monday's workout was more up my alley.

Run 5 K (23 min, 24 sec)

It was very humid when I ran at about 1100. I started off on a good pace, but I was unable to hold it by the 1.5 mile point, so I slowed, recovered, then picked it back. I did that again near the end. Even so, I was pleased with my time. My fastest in mid-19 min and that was before my heart issues started up.

Looking forward to today's WOD. It will be a killer on the upper body (my weak point). Will post results later.

No comments: