Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Humpday

Got in another lunchtime run...little warmer today with the sun shining brightly into my eyes (forgot my sunglasses). I got in 3.3 miles because I started late...nothing like working on a few things and all of sudden it is 11:48 AM. The bugs were out in force and it probably looked a little weird to oncoming traffic (I ran in the street cause I had on my new running clogs) to see this guy running toward oncoming traffic all of a sudden jukes to the right and then to the left like he is running through an offensive line. Little did they know, that I was only dodging large swarms of gnats that would soon splat themselves on grills and windshields. (Not sure if something intentionally or unintentionally splats itself on something, but they sure as heck are not impaled on the windshield.) For some reason, the gnat swarms were easier to see without sunglasses...hmmm.

The reason for the (semi) precise mileage is that I normally wear a heart rate monitor when I run...anal engineer thing. The problem is that I will rack up a month's worth of activities (running and riding) and then download the data to my computer...anal geek engineer thing. The problem arises when I try to remember exactly what I did at the beginning of the data set. So I plan on using my blog to help me remember some of those pesky little details like mileage. I don't really analyze my data to trend improvement or vice versa...not so anal or geeky after all. I just like to see how much mileage I rack up and be able to point to why I did really shitty on some run or ride...usually attributed to lack of workouts more than anything else...lazy freakin' bum thing.

No comments: