Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Monday N Twoday

Monday - ran 7.2 miles around the neighborhood on our 1.2 mile loop course after work. Felt pretty good and tried to keep a steady pace...each lap was slightly slower than the previous one. That is the problem I have when I run by "feel." I usually wear a heart rate monitor to gauge my effort because it is hard to run by gut feel. So while my lap times slowed, my heart rate remained the same. I ran 10:27 to 10:45 laps. The last lap though I cranked out just under 9:00 minutes. I did not walk for a while to cool down nor did I stretch. So I woke up this morning stiffer than a woody on adolescent boy...what fond memories, but I digress.

Tuesday - raining today so I ran on the treadmill at work. I ended up running 3.87 miles due to not using my noggin. I ran for 1.87 at 9 min pace then had to go pee. Got back on the treadmill after pausing it then screwed up and reset the machine (along with my watch). So I started over and ran two more miles finishing the next to last 1/4 at 7 min pace and the last 1/4 in 6 min pace. It is always hard to run on the treadmill because the effort does not feel the same. What I do like is that I can crank up the speed and really work those fast-twitch muscles (what is left of them). The danger is that you can end up running so fast and you tire quickly that it is hard to hit the down arrow to slow the treadmill. On a rare occasion I will hit the panic STOP so I don't look like a doof getting flung off the treadmill to the ground.

Gots to go eat...C U!

1 comment:

Jim said...

now how are you going to explain to "A" what a woody is?

And as far as the treadmill goes . . . it was never lightning so why stay inside?

Dr Gregg Carr tomorrow for Cortisone shot.