Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

Well after rolling out of the rack late and waiting until it was nice and warm, I hit the road for about a 50 mile ride. I did several short but steep climbs. The pace was fairly slow since I was not in a hurry. I could tell that my run from Saturday was still lingering in my legs especially after the last couple of climbs just to get back home. Another contributing factor is that I haven't been riding much lately. Tired of 80-90 mile rides in high 90 temps. Little saddle time does not help one ride effectively. Anyway, legs feel better now and I will see how I feel in the morning. I will try to get a 5 miler in at lunch then I will be headed to my son's XC meet.

Had to add another note about using crampnomore which has a high concentrate of minerals. It is not so bad on the initial bottle. But it seemed to make me thirstier and I had to stop and buy a bottle of plain water. I have not ridden a ride yet that would induce a potential cramp so I am not sure if the stuff actually works. The salty taste just doesn't go down well when you are hot AND thirsty. I will need to experiment more with the stuff to see if I can stomach it over a long ride.

No comments: