Saturday, September 23, 2006

Working and Trying to Run

Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of a beautiful day and the opportunity to run or ride? Yeah, me too. I did not run on Wednesday or Thursday. Can't remember why I did not run on Wed, but I am sure it was a fairly nice day and I did work all darn day. Thursday I just did not feel too hot, so I took another day off. I finally got in 4.5 miles on Friday running at work on an ~85 degree day with 80% humidity...oh my, nothing like saving a run for the day of high heat and humidity. Shoulda taken another day off. The route I ran is quite hilly and with a mile to go I was already just hot and tired. Whatever was bothering me on Thursday must have carried over into Friday cause I still felt a little under the weather.

I did manage to get in another 3 miles today running between thunderstorms in the middle of the afternoon (yeah ~85 degrees and 200% humidity cause it felt like I was running in water just needing a snorkel and mask).

Why do I keep doing this? Who knows, who cares...just runnin' n ridin' (mostly runnin').

No comments: