Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thumpin' Thursday

Ran a fast 3.6 miler in about 25:40 with a 9:10, 8:10 and 8:14 laps (the laps in my 'hood are 1.2 miles long as measured by my trusty steed - aka bike - and GPS). I did not do a warm up so the first lap I expected to be slow, but the last two were zoomin'! I haven't had time to figure my actual mile splits...ok I just did. My overall average was a 7:07 mile pace with the fastest lap at a 6:48 mile pace. The best part is that although it felt hard, I still feel like I had gas in the tank and I started slow. The other bonus item is that I have done zero speedwork in a number of months. The aerobic base looks pretty good and it is still early September. My goal is to get down to about an 18 minute 5K this year and break 1:30 in the 1/2 marathon next year...I think I can, I think I can, etc. I found a neat little splits calculator that will calculate any funky mileage into regular miles, it will even do that metric stuff.

Gots to go to bed...

1 comment:

Jim said...

GEEZ . . . You haven't missed a beat. I can't fall down that fast!

I am not going to let you run with me anymore you wicked speed demon.

This weekend is a shorter long run. I'm planning on doing 12 loops (14.4 miles). I will be running around a 9 minute pace (10:48 loops).