Saturday, September 02, 2006

Cool Weather on Saturday

Ran with my neighbor Jim for about 13 miles at a slow pace (building that aerobic base). Jim is training for a marathon in Portland which is in the next couple of weeks. I felt pretty good overall. Left calf was a little tight and my left groin muscle twitched every now and then. I took a shot of crampnomore which is extremely salty in its concentrated form. Followed that shot with some water. Blech!! However, no cramping the entire run!!

I managed to keep busy the rest of the day such that my legs feel OK this evening as I write. I hope Jim is doing ok since he really struggled with his last couple of laps (20 miler). I think he will do ok in his marathon as long as he keeps the pace reasonable and drinks plenty of fluids early!

Anyway, not a bad run considering the 2 margaritas and Mexican food I had last night. Tomorrow will be the test when I try to drag my butt out of bed.

No comments: