Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It is all Jim's Fault

OK Jimbo, I am blaming you for enticing me to driiiivvve your miata while you were gone for a whole WEEK. Then you made me buy it.

Just kidding. Ain't no ones fault

I will be laying out some scratch to pay for some work on the ole "me otter." It turns out that I have a bad coil (one for every 2 cylinders) and they ain't cheap (~$350 each). Plus, the tires are about down to their last few thousand miles ($500-700 to replace). I also had them do a 60K check and I don't know how much that will be. I did not have them replace the timing belt since it should be good to 90K. Hopefully, I will get everything squared up and the "me otter" ought to purr for a while. I would like to spend some money on a few items to jazz it up (roll bar, throatier exhaust, turbo charge, etc.). However, some of that will have to wait since I am spending money just to keep the darn thing running. I am adding Redline tranny and differential fluid to hopefully smooth the shifting a little. It is not bad, just a little sticky.

Anyway it is still fun to drive and with gas prices continuing to rise, it is a little more efficient than my Toyota Tundra (V8).

Still have not run in a while. Just been busy. Moving into a new position at work (promotion) and it takes work to get things working they way I want them.

Heart stuff has not been too bad. I was spreading some pine straw this evening and the flutter kicked in for a little while then poof it was gone. Making me crazy.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Dude . . . sorry about the coils. I had no idea that they were going. Like I told you, I'll do what is right and offer to split the cost with you. Just let me know.

It is perfect weather for convertible and for running. See you on the road!