Sunday, April 08, 2007

I Give Up...on the numbering of events...

Well, I should write that my flutter has taken a turn for the better! I am not having any consistent bouts of flutter over the past few days. Yesterday I ran the Christ Church Run to the Cross 5K and came in 13th overall and first in my age group. Not bad for zero running over the past 2-3 weeks. My time was 20:36 which was about 45 seconds slower than last year. But for no running, I will take it. The temperature was around freezing and the it was windy. Not quite ideal running conditions, but I felt pretty good.

Regarding the flutters, I had a mild bout yesterday after eating some Girl Scout cookies (Samoas). However, they went away and then I had a twitch every now and then. This whole episode of flutter is just really weird.

Today after church, my son mowed the yard while I used the weed eater. Afterward as I was surfing the net, I had a 10-15 minute bout of flutter over an hour ago. Nothing since.

I think tomorrow I will start running easy at lunch to see what happens afterward. As the temperature returns to normal after this recent cold snap, I may even start getting out on the bike. It may be better for me to ride to reduce the stress on my body (my dad's suggestion). Plus, I am sore today after the run yesterday!

No comments: