Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ok...maybe not...Event #10

Everything was going fine yesterday. Ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill, fairly easy at lunch. Ate lunch (leftover rice and fish preceded by Pepcid AC). Drank water. Participated in a 3 hour conference call (OK...most things went fine).

Around 1600, I went to my daughter's track meet to take pictures. My heart started fluttering around 1700 (maybe slightly earlier). I was on my feet until about 1900 when I finally called it quits. With off and on flutter.

Ate dinner (spaghetti with red sauce and a couple of pieces of bread). I had a glass of V8 Tropical juice followed by a glass of OJ. Then I ended up with a case of continuous flutter even as I went to bed. Woke up at 2330 to go to the bathroom with my heart still fluttering. Tossed and turned until about 0130 when the flutter finally quit. My chest hurt this morning from all of last night's activity and I am tired.

After complaining to my wife, she pointed out that the red sauce, V8 and OJ may have been too acidic for my system coupled with eating late. That would explain the late night problem, but doesn't shed any light on why I cannot stand for prolonged periods, in the afternoon/evening, without having some episode of flutter.

I will see what today brings.

No comments: