Friday, April 20, 2007

On Cruise Control

Well since my last post, I have had very few noticeable flutters. Nothing sustained like previous posts. I did have a big lunch today...loaded calzone with a sprite. The previous couple of days I have been eating fairly light lunches...typically a vegetable soup of some sort. It actually feels good to feel good.

I would never realized the impact these heart situations have on folks. Yes, I do understand that any heart problem, however slight, is a serious issue. But the impact to your quality of life is tremendous. It has now been nearly a month since this all re-started. It is almost like having the flu, where is really knocks you into the dirt and you slowly recover with time. I have certainly changed my diet and have been extremely conscientious of everything I eat. I have eaten more fruits and just worked to keep my intake in check. I have never been prone to gaining weight. However, I have reached the point where age is starting to affect my metabolism.

What is even worse is that I have been exercising infrequently and I have not been on the bike since last September. Plus, my running has only started up again and it is painful to regain a reasonably fit state. I have drill this weekend so I will see how things go.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Dom, glad to hear that things are starting to come around for you. Be careful at drill and I'll catch you next week!