Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday

Since my Wed checkup, things have gone pretty well. I have not had a serious case of flutter except for Saturday afternoon. My daughter and I worked in the yard trimming back the frost burn on the bushes and pulling weeds. It was a tad warm and I probably started to dehydrate since I was not drinking enough fluid. After we were done and I showered, I was sitting on the couch and started to flutter. My wife and I had to run some errands so along the way I stopped to get a Powerade. After drinking the Powerade, my flutter stopped and I really did not have a recurrence of it the rest of the day. It appears that I must be careful about my activity and hydration.

So it is mid-afternoon on Sunday and I feel pretty good. I plan to start running on Monday to try and regain some of my conditioning. I would still like to do a marathon and may shoot for the Rocket City marathon in Huntsville. So I will need to set up a training plan and be more meticulous about being ready to run as opposed to how fast I want to run. I also need to get back on the bike, but it is not really calling my name like in previous years. I think last year's burnout was more mental than anything else. But I need to regain the joy I felt when riding and not ride just to go through a hammerfest.

No comments: